Recipe by Elmotoo
A classic that I revamped for RSC#12. It is EXCELLENT!!
Top Review by Katzen
I love blueberries and bananas, and considering how many overripe bananas I had on hand, making this was a no brainer. As my bananas were on the smaller side, I used 4, and instead of fresh blueberries, I used frozen wild blueberries. One whole egg replaced the two egg whites, and I used Starrynews' Spiced Sugar on top to add some crunch and spice. This is a very moist and delicious banana bread! So good!! Thanks for posting, Elmotoo! Made for Veggie Swap #30.
- 2 -4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg beaters egg white substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except blueberries & 1TB flour, well.
- Toss blueberries with 1TB flour to coat berries. Shake in a sifter to remove excess flour & add to batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into pan & bake 1 hour or until dark brown on top.