Recipe by MA HIKER
My family loves banana bread! This has a wonderful twist of blueberries added to the batter. The addition of sour cream (or I substitute with yogurt sometimes - plain, vanilla or lemon) makes this extra moist and delicious. My family would love for me to make this weekly!
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
I kinda agree with Lysa on this one. It smelled so delicious in the oven, and it rose and browned up so nicely. I couldn't wait to sample it! It seemed to fall short on flavor though. Without the blueberries for added flavor, I would have been very disappointed. I'll enjoy it for the next few days, but I probably wouldn't make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bottom of regular loaf pan, try not to get too much on the sides; this will help bread rise nicely.
- In bowl mix oil, sugar, and eggs until light and creamy. Add sour cream/yogurt, vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix until combined. Sprinkle in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined; it will be thick and sticky.
- Stir in blueberries until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Carefully remove and cool 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges to loosen sides of bread, turn bread out of pan and set it on rack or plate to cool completely.