Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Blueberries and bananas strikingly complement each other in this moist quick bread.
Make and share this Blueberry Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use 1 tblsp. of the flour to sprinkle blueberries.
- In a large bowl stir together remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl combine mashed banana, milk and egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients, mix until well blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, and wooden toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove loaf and place on rack to cool completely.
This turned out very good. I couldn't find my larger loaf pan so I used smaller sized ones and still came out yummy. Used ingredients I already had on hand was a plus as well. My husband Rick likes blueberries and was very happy! Thanks for the idea.
made this yesterday and it is fantastic! healthy too :) I added an extra 1/2 cup or so of blueberries. so good thanks for the great recipe!!
Can't believe that this recipe doesn't have any oil or butter and it was very easy to put together. I did make some modifications - baked this in an 9 inch round pan (30 mins) because I didn't have a loaf pan, added a teaspoon of vanilla, and used 3/4 c. brown sugar instead of white because ran out of white sugar. It still turned out great, except for the slight rubbery texture. Not sure if it's because there isn't any butter or oil or because it wasn't baked in a loaf pan. Next time I'll try baking it in a loaf pan or add some more banana, applesauce, or yogurt for more moisture. You may not need as much sugar either if you add one of those things for moisture. I'm really glad I found this recipe!