Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup banana, chopped and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a food processor, combine banana, blueberries, oil, water, egg and vanilla.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- In the bowl and using hands, knead until dough holds together.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log. Flatten the logs to make about 4 inches wide.
- With a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the logs. Place about 4 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm. Place pan on a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut each log into.
- 1/4-inch/0.5 cm thick slices. Place, cut side down, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes longer or until hard.
- Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool completely.