Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make these with or without streusel
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (soften)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup blueberries, I use a cupful (fresh or if using frozen do not thaw)
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by using baking papers or spraying with Pam.
- If using streusel mix flour, sugar and cinnamon cutting in butter using fork blend until resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- For muffins combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, whisk until well blended.
- In separate bowl add milk melted (cooled) butter, egg and vanilla mixing well.
- Combine milk and egg mixture with the dry ingredients mix only until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle reserved topping over each muffin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan cool completely.
The best muffins I have made. I love these. Very moist. I used frozen blueberries. The struesel topping just made this muffin. I will make again.
Yummy!! I used 2 cups of blueberries and they were perfect for me. I like LOTS of berry as compared to batter. I don't think I would push it much further and add any more though. I also used 4Tbsp of butter instead of 3 for the streusel and I used brown sugar in place of the white. I will keep the butter to 3 Tbsp next time. It tastes fine( maybe a little rich) but a lot of my streusel just melted off the muffins even though I pushed it into the batter. Super delicious though and it hit the spot!!!
I've now made this times and it has turned out wonderful each time. I have now made it my own with the additions of a little lemon juice and zest to make it a Lemon Blueberry Muffin. Even following the directions with no changes or additions they come out getting rave reviews. Thanks for sharing with the rest of the world.