Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite recipe to serve Christmas morning. You prepare it the night before, so it is very easy. This recipe calls for Blueberry pie filling, but you could substitute any other fruit pie filling flavor if you prefer.
- 1 loaf white bread, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Grease 9x13" baking pan.
- Place half of bread squares in pan.
- Spread pie filling over bread.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- Set aside.
- In blender, mix eggs, half and half, vanilla and spices.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate covered, overnight.
- Top with butter and sugar just before baking at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Garnish with cream, nutmeg, or nuts.
- Serve with syrup.