1/1 Photo of Blueberry Applesauce (Vegan Friendly)
Inspired by Healthy Pick's Blueberry-Pomegranate Applesauce. I don't know if this tastes like Healthy Pick's because I've never sampled theirs. This is a copycat recipe in the sense that I copied the ingredients and embellished with my own. Please substitute another sweetener of your choice. Ingredient amounts are estimated. I had visions of blueberry pie dancing in my head while composing this recipe...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- heaping 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries which don't have to be thawed)
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4.92 ml lemon zest, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml pomegranate molasses
- 59.14 ml unsweetened apple juice or 59.14 ml water
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 29.58 ml honey, to taste (I used local blackberry honey)
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar, to taste
- 1Place the apples, blueberries, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and apple juice (or water) into a deep, heavy sauce pan.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Lower heat to simmer and cook until apples are very tender and the blueberries have dissolved and become saucy.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Remove cinnamon stick. Puree the sauce to desired consistency either in a food processor or blender. Or-very carefully puree using an immersion blender. Be careful not to burn yourself because it hurts when the applesauce splatters!
- 6Transfer to a storage container. Stir in the almond extract.
- 7Taste the applesauce and if you think it needs sugar, go ahead and add some to desired sweetness.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Applesauce (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: