Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple to prepare. From my recipe stash. Serve this with a small scoop of ice cream.
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 2⁄3 cups peeled and sliced cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 2⁄3 cups blueberries
- Stir together oats, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter and oil until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a bowl toss apples with lemon juice and rind.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture for the topping.
- Toss the remainder with the fruit.
- Spread mixture in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Pretty good flavor. I doubled the ingredients for the crumble top. There was no temperature given, so I used 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Seemed to work (I like a crustier top). The mixture was a little drier than what I was expecting, but overall, it was good. Used 2 1/2 large granny smith apples and 18 oz of blueberries.