Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this with vanilla ice cream!!
Make and share this Blueberry Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the blueberries and the apples in a bowl and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of the flour; toss.
- Spoon into 6 custard cups.
- Combine the remaining flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse meal.
- Add oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over the fruit.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Well, considering this has almost no fat and still tasted decadent, I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. I cooked mine in one large dish rather than the custard cups and it came out just fine that way. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough topping - next time I might add double the amount as I prefer more - but then it wouldn't be as lowfat,which is kind of defeating the purpose. If you are looking for a tasty, yet lowfat treat that is easy to prepare, this is a great choice. Very tasty, thanks!
This was a very easy recipe, and very tasty. I doubled the toppings, as previous reviewers had mentioned, and placed in an 8x11 glass casserole pan. I really loved the taste of the topping and I think to cut down on the sweetness of the apples (I used Granny Smiths), I will either add more topping (because we loved it so much) or I will use less tart of an apple. But I will make it again for sure!
I used Granny Smith apples, doubled the topping and cooked in a single dish. We ate it warm with a dollop of vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. Everyone gobbled it up. This is a keeper. Ty, Kim127.