Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Taste of Home. Another fruity favorite of my family's...we like it warm with ice cream or cold from the fridge.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Place apples in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Top with blueberries.
- Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over fruit.
- Combine sugar, baking powder, salt,cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour.
- Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 12 servings.