Posted in response to a request on the message boards for a Cooking Light Magazine Blueberry dessert recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 12 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Sift together 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 4Add cream of tartar and salt and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- 5Add 1 cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 6Sift flour mixture over the egg whites, 1/4 cup at a time, folding in carefully.
- 7Fold in vanilla and blueberries.
- 8Combine 2 tablespoons flour and lemon zest then fold this into the egg white mixture.
- 9Spoon batter evenly into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- 10Bake for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- 11Invert pan over a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 12Loosen cake by running a spatula around the edges of the pan, and remove from pan.
- 13To make the glaze, whisk the lemon juice and sugar together until it forms a smooth glaze then drizzle it over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g