Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Inspired by Ww Peach Angel Food Cake. I found that the blueberries and juice get more evenly distributed than peaches do, for more fruit flavor in every bite! Note: This works best if you have the "1-packet" type of angel food cake mix. If you have the "2-packet" kind, you can empty both packets into the bowl together, but you may end up with a slightly denser cake. Feel free to try this with other kinds of fruit in juice. I'd like to know how it turns out! I've already made it with pineapple, peaches, and blueberries. I might try strawberries next....
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries, undrained
- Dump the angel food cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add the can of blueberries, juice and all.
- Do NOT add the water specified on the box -- just cake mix and fruit/juice.
- Mix with electric mixer on low speed and then bake as directed on the cake mix box.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh berries if desired.
Very good. We all enjoyed this for dessert. I made exactly as written. Easy to make too.
Oh so yummy! I made this with peaches cause I couldn't find blueberries in juice anywhere... although I'm still looking cause it sounds awesome! DH wanted to eat the whole thing LOL It's a great idea though since angel food is fat free. I havn't told DH though that there's another cake sitting in the oven! :D