Recipe by lucid501
Inspired by Ww Peach Angel Food Cake. I found that the blueberries and juice get more evenly distributed than peaches do, for more fruit flavor in every bite! Note: This works best if you have the "1-packet" type of angel food cake mix. If you have the "2-packet" kind, you can empty both packets into the bowl together, but you may end up with a slightly denser cake. Feel free to try this with other kinds of fruit in juice. I'd like to know how it turns out! I've already made it with pineapple, peaches, and blueberries. I might try strawberries next....
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump the angel food cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add the can of blueberries, juice and all.
- Do NOT add the water specified on the box -- just cake mix and fruit/juice.
- Mix with electric mixer on low speed and then bake as directed on the cake mix box.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh berries if desired.