Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Wow! This is so festive and so delicious! This is so easy, and looks so beautiful. Looks like you've been working all day! You have the option of using your own favorite angel food cake, or you can purchase one. Either way, it's a winner! You can also substiture strawberries for rhe blueberries. Times do not include the refrigerater time.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry vinegar or 1⁄4 cup other vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup creme de cassis or 1⁄4 cup black currant syrup
- 4 -6 slices angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan, bring the blueberries, vinegar, honey and creme de cassis to a simmer, stirring over medium heat until the berries just begin to burst, to 5 minutes.
- The berries can be cooled and refrigerated for 1 day. Repeat gently before serving.
- To serve,spoon the warm berries and sauce over the angel food slices on dessert plates.