Recipe by Buster's friend
Plan to use some of those fresh berries that are waiting in the fridge. Breakfast, brunch, snacks... Received in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world. Attributed to : A Taste of Canada-Rose Murray.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar crystals (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until fluffy; beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
- Sift or stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, making three additions of dry ingredients and two of milk, stirring just enough to combine. Do not over mix. Gently stir in the blueberries and chocolate chips. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle each with some of the coarse sugar, if using.
- Bake in the center of a 375 degree oven until golden and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.