Recipe by lazyme
I found this in the Home and Family 1996 magazine and decided to save it here. Sounds good. Time includes 1 hour to chill.
Top Review by loof
Delicious! Very moist and tender with just the right amount of sweetness. I mixed everything by hand and had no trouble. I did spinkle just a bit of sugar on top after the egg wash. My daughter loves scones and she REALLY loved these - thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour and butter in food processor and combine.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix in cream and pulse to combine.
- Do not over mix.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out dough to 1 inch thickness and cut scones.
- Place on buttered baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes.