Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- dipping sugar
- melted butter
- Mix together by hand the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk, vanilla, egg together and then add all at once to dry ingredient until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Gently mix the 4 tablespoons sugar, drained.
- berries, lemon peel and pecans together.
- Fold the berry mixture lightly into the batter.
- Fill greased and dusted muffin pans half full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 F or until done.
- While muffins are still warm, dip the tops in melted butter, then in the sugar.
Wonderful muffins! I loved the mix of flavors, lemon, vanilla, nutmeg and blueberries. I toasted the nuts a little and used dried lemon zest. I made large muffins and the baking time was just right. Thanks for a lovely muffin recipe. Carole in Orlando