Recipe by Margo59
I went to pick blueberries locally and this was one of the recipes they were giving away. It is very delicious. I substituted Splenda for the white sugar portion.
Top Review by crazboutbaking
I just tried this recipe and used Splenda Brown and Splenda white for baking..My husband raved about it....In the middle of everything I realized I didn't have any oats so I used cornflakes and believe it or not....It came out so delicious that I am not happy to report that I went off my diet to try it. This is a lovely summer dessert that is open to so many varied modifications
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- In a bowl, toss together blueberries, peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt; distribute evenly over bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry topping ingredients together.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping mix over fruit.
- Bake until topping is lightly browned and fruit mixture is bubbly; about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream, if desired.