Recipe by Audrey M
A nice dessert winter or summer.
Top Review by Dorel
Mmmmm good. I'm sitting here at the computer eating hot cobbler. I halved the recipe for just the 2 of us. I used my own preserved peaches drained and frozen blueberries. Only 1/4 cup sugar in fruit. It was done in 22 minutes. I took 2 pics, I hope you like them.
- 2 cups peaches, sliced in 1/4 inch slices (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice.
- Top with blueberries.
- Cook in microwave on High for 5 minutes until mixture is heated completly.
- Stir after 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mixture with nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour,s ugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- Cut butter or margarine into flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Add cream to flour mixture and stir until dough is moist.
- Drop soft dough on top of fruit and sprinkle once again with nutmeg.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cool whip.