Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious find at the grocery store!
- 2 limes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt
- 8 mint leaves, for garnish (additional)
- Remove peel from the limes in strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Juice limes for a total of 3 tablespoons of juice.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce to medium-high heat, and add lime peel strips, sugar, and 5 mint leaves.
- Stir mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 3 minutes over medium-low heat, or until a syrup has formed.
- Pour syrup into a small bowl and stir in lime juice. Let syrup mixture stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mango and blueberries in a large bowl.
- When syrup mixture is ready, remove the mint leaves and lime peel strips and discard.
- Toss syrup and fruit together, until well mixed.
- Scoop the frozen yogurt into 8 dessert dishes, and top with fruit mixture.
- Garnish with the 8 additional mint leaves before serving.
Delicious! I couldn't find frozen yogurt so vanilla ice cream stepped in. heh heh heh. Be sure your mangoes are ripe. Mine was a bit on the too firm side & would have been better if softer. Made for Veggie Swap 6/12.