Recipe by Sonya01
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely treat these muffins were. I enjoyed them with a hot cup of java this morning, for my breakfast. I garnished them with a little icing sugar, as I didn't find them sweet enough. (personal preference only). Thank you for sharing.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons low-fat butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 150 g blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200deg Celsius.
- Coat a 12 hole (1/2 c capacity) muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift flour into bowl and add sugar.
- Combine milk, egg, vanilla, melted butter and lemon rind.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just smooth. The mixture will look lumpy but do not over-beat.
- Stir through blueberries (leave a couple for decoration on the top).
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake 18-20mins until golden.
- Let cool for 5mins before turning out onto a wire rack.