Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this at http://www.womens-menopause-health.com. I will be posting more of their recipes. Keep posted! I add ice cubes to the blender.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries
- 4 (1 g) packets stevia (the only artificial sweetener we recommend ( I like honey)
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine ingredients in a blender and serve cold.
A nice change from other smoothie/ healthy shakes and I think it is a bit healthier for you besides, but even with the honey (I used 2 tablespoons) it wasn't as sweet as other smoothies and tasted more like a tasty "good-for-you" drink. By the way I used frozen blueberries so this may have made some difference. Thanks for sharing!
For what it is it's very good, a friend of mine's cancer has returned and we are all looking for flax containing recipes while she goes through new treatments so thank you for posting these. With the best will in the world I could not say that it was excellent, but it was excellent of you to post these and to continue, these are so needed. Thanks Lulu