Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The figs can be placed in the food processor to crush by pulsing till mushy with some chunks. Using a candy Thermometer will help knowing the setting point, which is at 220 degrees. This has an optional Grand Marnier for a little extra treat.
- Mix the dry pectin with about 1/2 cup of sugar or other sweetener.
- Place the blueberries and figs in a heavy non reactive pot with the pectin mixture and cook to a full boil. Stirring often. Add the remaining sugar and bring to a hard boil for 3 minutes. Stir in grand marnier off the flame if using.
- Fill the jars to 1/4 inch head space. wipe any spilled jam off the top, seat the lid and tighten the ring around them.
- Place the boiling water canner covered by at least 2 inch of hot water and process for 5 minutes. Shut off flame, uncover and leave for 5 more minutes. Remove to a draft free spot and cool for 12-24 hours.
- Check for sealing and store out of direct light for 1 year.