1/2 Photos of Blueberry and Fig Jam-Low or No Sugar
The figs can be placed in the food processor to crush by pulsing till mushy with some chunks. Using a candy Thermometer will help knowing the setting point, which is at 220 degrees. This has an optional Grand Marnier for a little extra treat.
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the dry pectin with about 1/2 cup of sugar or other sweetener.
- 2Place the blueberries and figs in a heavy non reactive pot with the pectin mixture and cook to a full boil. Stirring often. Add the remaining sugar and bring to a hard boil for 3 minutes. Stir in grand marnier off the flame if using.
- 3Fill the jars to 1/4 inch head space. wipe any spilled jam off the top, seat the lid and tighten the ring around them.
- 4Place the boiling water canner covered by at least 2 inch of hot water and process for 5 minutes. Shut off flame, uncover and leave for 5 more minutes. Remove to a draft free spot and cool for 12-24 hours.
- 5Check for sealing and store out of direct light for 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry and Fig Jam-Low or No Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 165
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: