1/1 Photo of Blueberry and Cinnamon Muffins
1 hr 5 mins
Moist and soft with just a hint of cinnamon. I took a basic muffin recipe from a website, not too sure which, and changed it up a whole bunch. I always use two little cups of Mott's Healthy Harvest Applesauce in Blueberry Delight and Land O' Lakes Light Butter for this recipe. You can eat it cold, but it really is best when warm. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (1 egg)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened blueberry applesauce
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (thoroughly crushed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Combine egg substitute, milk, melted butter, applesauce, 1/4 cup water, and crushed cereal in a bowl and stir until cereal is moist.
- 2Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Splenda and stir to mix together.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- 6Add flour mixture to the moist bran mixture and stir gently until blended.
- 7Add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and stir until you get a cooked-oatmeal-like consistency, add more water as needed.
- 8Gently fold frozen blueberries into batter right before cooking.
- 9Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 10Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan. Best eaten when warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry and Cinnamon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 572.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened blueberry applesauce