Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom made this for a mother-daughter brunch. I thought it was lovely and very delicious. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Backyard Gatherings.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (she used walnuts)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the batter: add the flour, sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture.
- Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes; pour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Layer the blueberries over the batter mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients; layer over the blueberries.
- In another mixing bowl, add the chopped nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and reserved crumb mixture; toss to mix.
- Sprinkle over the filling layer.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50 minutes or until pick comes out clean.