Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rose Reisman
- 1 1⁄2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray 12 muffin cups with vegetable oil.
- Beat the bananas, oil, egg, sugar, vanilla and yogurt in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl, mixing well. Stir into the liquid ingredients until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the middle of the oven, until the tops are firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Turn out and serve immediately.
MMMMMM...moist muffins! Another winner from the Cooking Photo Forum's Muffin Queen! Thanks, RedZ...I did use more blueberries than 1/2 cup---sooo delish!
These were exceptionally moist and the flavor was great. Just enough banana. I made mine with Splenda and substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil and they were great.