Recipe by Diana #2
Decadent comfort food. That pretty much says it all. The sweetness of the fruit and sugar goes very well with the bite of the blue cheese. These would be very impressive baked in individual ramekins. I found this recipe in the 2009 Rosenborg calender.
- 3 apples, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon demerara sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together apples, blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Rub the flour and butter together until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the remaining sugar and cheese.
- Spread evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle lightly with the demerara sugar, if using.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and the fruit bubbles through the topping.