Recipe by Abby Girl
This wonderful, yummy dessert is a blueberry crisp...with a twist!! The Mascarpone Cream alone is excellent and can easily be made up for other desserts!! This dessert can be made ahead of time in stages then brought together very quickly, making it a snap to prepare
Top Review by leisurelinda
I loved this recipe and so did my guests. With blueberries at the peak of the season it is a great end of summer dessert. It was hard to find the amaretti cookies the second time I went to make it so I substituted almond cookies crushed and it was still tasty. The mascarpone cheese is an added touch of creaminess on top!
- 200 g amaretti cookies (1 package, roughly crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups blueberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping: Place about 3/4 of the package in a large zip lock bag. Crush the cookies by hand -- small chunks of cookie should be visible. There should be about 1-2/3 cups total. Add almonds, brown sugar, flour. Add melted butter and mix with hands until well incorporated (Crumbs can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Fruit: In a container, measure out the blueberries and let thaw. (This can be done in advance) Drain off excess liquid and add sugar and cornstarch. Butter an 8" square baking dish and add the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Top berries with crumb mixture. (Pan is quite full, but does not spill over when baking) Bake for 35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. (Watch towards the end as the topping can burn quite easily).
- Mascarpone Cream: Using an electric mixer, whip marscarpone with cream and sugar until thick like firmly whipped cream. Add vanilla. Cover and chill until needed, up to 2 days. (Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature just before serving, optional).
- To serve: Serve crisp warm or at room temperature topped with a dollop of mascarpone cream. Garnish with a few toasted almonds.