Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh blueberries and almonds....what could be more divine? From Southern Living. Frozen blueberries can also be used for these muffins.
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, cut into pieces
- 78.07 ml almonds, chopped
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml lemon zest
- 354.88 ml fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in 2 Tbs butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in chopped almonds and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries and toss gently to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 cup melted and cooled butter.
- Pour into the center of the well and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle evenly with almond mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until muffins are golden.
- Remove from pans immediately.