Fresh blueberries and almonds....what could be more divine? From Southern Living. Frozen blueberries can also be used for these muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- 3Cut in 2 Tbs butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in chopped almonds and set aside.
- 4Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- 5Add the blueberries and toss gently to combine.
- 6Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 7Combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 cup melted and cooled butter.
- 8Pour into the center of the well and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 9Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- 10Sprinkle evenly with almond mixture.
- 11Bake for 15-20 min or until muffins are golden.
- 12Remove from pans immediately.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Almond Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 214.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g