Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh blueberries and almonds....what could be more divine? From Southern Living. Frozen blueberries can also be used for these muffins.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in 2 Tbs butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in chopped almonds and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries and toss gently to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 cup melted and cooled butter.
- Pour into the center of the well and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle evenly with almond mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until muffins are golden.
- Remove from pans immediately.