Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh blueberries and almonds....what could be more divine? From Southern Living. Frozen blueberries can also be used for these muffins.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in 2 Tbs butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in chopped almonds and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries and toss gently to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 cup melted and cooled butter.
- Pour into the center of the well and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle evenly with almond mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until muffins are golden.
- Remove from pans immediately.