1/2 Photos of Blueberry Almond Farina Muffins
The farina makes these muffins special. Feel free to use vanilla extract if you are not fond of almond extract. I have never tried it, but I imagine these would work well with cranberries too. Times are approximate. Thanks to Jen for putting this recipe in her best of 2008 cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml farina (cream of wheat, any type)
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml 1% low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 7.39 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml Smart Balance butter spread or 118.29 ml other regular tub margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml blueberries (a 6 oz. package, (or more)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine ingredients for topping and set aside.
- 3Whisk farina, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Take out 1 TBSP of the dry mixture and coat the blueberries.
- 5Combine wet ingredients.
- 6Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix 10 strokes, add blueberries, and mix 3 more strokes. You will have a more tender product if you resist the urge to keep stirring.
- 7Fill cups of muffin pan 3/4 full, and sprinkle with topping.
- 8Bake 12-13 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Almond Farina Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 332.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g