Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A produce department recipe. Tastes high-calorie, but is actually fairly low-cal. Sauce is best served the same day as it is made.
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk ricotta cheese or 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt (or fat free)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT blueberries. Process or blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl, or divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Pour banana cream sauce over blueberries and serve.
We enjoyed this for a yummy and healthy breakfast. Wonderfully quick and easy to make and a great blend of flavours. The only change I made was to use Greek yoghurt which is my preferred yoghurt. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Love this! It'll be a regular for me during berry season this year! Both as a dessert and a breakfast. I also only had plain yogurt so I added about 1/4 tsp vanilla. Used frozen wild blueberries from my winter stash. Thanks for this Parsley! I'll definately make it again.
I love ricotta cheese and this is delicious.I added a bit of vanilla flavor as I only had plain yogurt.Will make again.