Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dr. Weil's, My Optimum Health Plan is where I found this recipe. When you blend the vanilla yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese it creates a topping that is as virtuous as it is delicious.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, drained
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (when in season and sweet) or 2 cups raspberries (when in season and sweet)
- of fresh mint (garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, add cheese, yogurt and honey.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until light and creamy.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Layer lemon cream and blueberries or raspberries in dessert dishes or wineglasses.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
This tastes amazingly good... very rich and creamy... however, it is nowhere near 4 servings... I served three and it was a very skimpy 3 servings... next time I think I'll add some whipped cream to it to give it some volume.. Yes, there will be a next time. Thanks for the keeper recipe!
Nice dessert, looked grate in a martini glass, I only had plain yoghurt so I added a little vanilla to it and I used frozen raspberries. Thanks for posting I will make it again.