Recipe by mailbelle
My mom always has a bumper crop of blueberries every year, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. This non-traditional blueberry pie uses vanilla pudding mix.
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or can use thawed out frozen blueberries)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup milk, butter and egg.
- Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange blueberries over batter to within 1/2-inch of edge of plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until smooth.
- Spread over blueberries to within 1 inch of berry edge.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.