Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My dad is a dessert-loving diabetic, so I turned this into a very low sugar salad. It's sweetened with Splenda and fruit juice, but can also be made with sugar. With the blueberries, pineapple and pecans you really don't miss the sugar.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free blackberry gelatin or 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free black cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Drain the blueberries and pineapple, reserving 1 cup of liquid. (Add water if necessary to get 1 cup).
- Stir blueberries, pineapple and juice into the dissolved gelatin.
- Pour into a 2 quart jello mold.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Splenda, sour cream and vanilla until fluffy.
- Carefully spread over the jello.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 more minutes.
- Invert and serve immediately.
I made this but layered it in a 13x9-inch baking dish, I used regular blueberry jello, with frozen and thawed, very well drained blueberries in place of canned, this worked quite well, I also made this using white sugar, YUMMY! great dessert recipe, and one I will make again soon! thanks Kaarin!...Kitten:)
as a borderline diabetic, this was fabulous. I love cream and blueberries and jello and they came together perfectly