Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 55 mins
I love serving this cheesecake -- and guests love eating it!!!! I like to make extra glaze to serve over the cheesecake (cause I LOVE blueberries) Prep time includes cooling time.
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 40 cookies) or 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 40 cookies)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- fresh blueberries (optional) or strawberry (optional)
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom and 1" up the sides of a lightly greased 9” springform pan. Bake at 325 for 12 minute Cool on wire rack.
- Process 2 ½ cups blueberries and 1 T. cornstarch in container of electric blender until smooth - can also use a food processor.
- Cook blueberry puree in saucepan over med-high heat 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Set mixture aside to cook. Reserve ½ cup puree for glaze.
- Beat cream cheese at med. speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in 2 T. cornstarch and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Pour blueberry puree over cheesecake batter; gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until almost set in center.
- Remove from oven, and cool in a wire rack 20 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, 2 T. sugar and vanilla in small bowl; stir well. Spread sour cream mixture over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325 for 10 more minutes. Cool completely on wire rack, cover and chill 8 hours.
- Combine reserved ½ cup blueberry puree, ¼ cup sugar and water in a small saucepan; cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until thickened. Gently fold remaining 1 cup blueberries; remove from heat and cool.
- Remove sides of pan before serving.
- Spoon blueberry glaze over cheesecake, allowing it to drip down sides. Garnish with fresh blueberries or strawberries, if desired. Makes 1 nine inch cheesecake.
Not bad cake