Recipe by caffeine junkie
A great way to use up fresh blueberries and cream cheese. Perfect with your morning cup of coffee!
Top Review by KK
I don't know why, but for some reason this was so heavy and moist it was more like eating blueberry bread pudding than a coffee cake. The flavor was good, though - fresh blueberries and lemon really came through.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9x2" pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a measuring cup, mix milk and water.
- Alternately add flour mixture with milk mixture, ending with milk.
- Beat in softened cream cheese and 1 t. lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle 1/4 cup flour over blueberries and toss gently. Fold into batter and pour into pan.
- Sift 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour into a small bowl.
- Mix in 1 t. lemon zest.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in 2 T. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm, heavily dusted with powdered sugar.