Abby Girl's Note:
With blueberry season just around the corner, I will be making this one soon! I have a friend who has a blueberry farm, so I like to find interesting recipes to try, then pass on to her. I am thinking this could be used over ice cream or made into blueberry martinis
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water, sugar, juniper berries, rosemary, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, until reduced to about 3/4 cup, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Put blueberries in a heatproof bowl and strain syrup through a sieve over berries. Stir in gin. Macerate until completely cooled, about 30 minutes.
- 3•Juniper berries can be found in the spice section of your supermarket.
- 4•Syrup can be used without gin if desired.
- 5•Blueberries can be macerated in syrup with gin, chilled, up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberries in Gin Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: