Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When blueberries are in season, we make this sauce to pour over our homemade ice cream. It can also be served warm over pancakes and waffles. Blueberries are a super-food that are high in anti-oxidants.
- 3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups blueberries, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and using back of a wooden spoon to mash berries against sides of the pan. Stir in lemon juice, peel and cinnamon.
- Chill. Stir in remaining 1 cup blueberries. Store in refrigerator.