Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
Another entry in my collection of oatmeal ideas. My guess is this would also work well with apricots or some other flavored creamer.
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, not instant
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan. Add oatmeal and cook as directed on package.
- One minute before the oatmeal is done add blueberries and cinnamon.
- Just before serving, add creamer and stir.
Wow! Who knew that coffee creamer in oatmeal worked. I made as directed except I addes some flax seed to it. Very good and very healthy. Thanks!
This was really good oatmeal! I just love fresh blueberries and I thought the addition of the coffee creamer was a good idea. I would maybe use half the amount of creamer next time just because I thought it made it a bit to watery, but I will be making this again for sure!
Loved it! Made a very filling breakfast for me this morning - I usually don't add milk/cream to my oatmeal so this was something a little different. I used frozen blueberries and did everything in the microwave. The cream and blueberries were a sweet addition to plain oatmeal - wouldn't change a thing!