Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the issue of September 2006, Coup de Pouce.
Make and share this Blueberries and Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (obtional)
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a measuring cup, with a whisk, mix yogurt, orange juice, oil, orange zest and eggs. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour liquid ingredients and stir until mixture is creamy. Sprinkle with blueberries and stir well. Spread the dough in the muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, if wanted.
- Bake in the center of the oven, in a preheated oven of 400 F for about 25 minutes or until muffins are firm when touched and the tops are golden. Let cool on a grill for about 5 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and cool completely.
- You can put the muffins in an hermetic container. They will be good 2 days in room temperature or until 1 month in the freezer.
These are wonderful muffins. I have made them many times with blueberries. I just tried making them with dried cranberries (I'm eating one right now) and they are great. I don't think you can put too much orange zest in them. I use the zest off an entire large orange and fat free yogurt. Always put the extra sugar on top. I use raw sugar and sprinkle it generously, Love the way they bake up, so big and light.
Yummy and easy! I didn't add the sugar on top before baking. When I make them again, I will. That's the only change I'd make. Great!
A new favorite. I love these made just as directed! In fact I have a batch in the oven at this moment! When judging muffins for ease and yumminess this muffin comes in at the top! Thank you for sharing!