1/3 Photos of Blueberries and Cream Pie With No Roll Pie Crust
1 hr 5 mins
A delicious pie that is easy to prepare. Note to World Tour participants - I believe the ingredients are typical for the Canada region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put first five ingredients in a 9 inch pie pan.
- 2Mix with a fork until well blended and pat into the pan.
- 3Push the pastry up the sides and form a nice edge with your thumb and finger.
- 4Prick the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling of the pastry during baking.
- 5Preheat oven to 400.
- 6Rinse berries and pick out any undesirable ones.
- 7After the berries have drained pour onto a paper towel to dry somewhat and then pour them into the pastry shell.
- 8In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- 9Stir in the milk and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- 10Whisk until smooth.
- 11Pour over the berries and bake for 45 minutes.
- 12After about 30 minutes, check the pie.
- 13If the edges are getting very brown, cover with strips of aluminum foil.
- 14Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 15To make whipped cream, beat 1/2 cup very cold whipping cream until stiff.
- 16Chill the bowl before whipping the cream to improve the results.
- 17Add vanilla and 2 tbsp sugar.
- 18Serve a dollop of whipped cream on each serving of pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberries and Cream Pie With No Roll Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 321.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g