1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This cake is so moist. It really is a great breakfast treat or a dessert too! Those who don't like rhubarb, you really won't notice the rhubarb taste so much in this recipe. It's the rhubarb that makes this cake so moist. Try it, and I think you will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup firm butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen( thawed and drained)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2Grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- 3In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup flour and the cinnamon.
- 4Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly; set aside.
- 5In large bowl, mix all coffee cake ingredients except blueberries and rhubarb; beat with spoon 30 seconds.
- 6Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- 7Spread in pan.
- 8Sprinkle with topping.
- 9Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake (not fruit) comes out clean.
- 10Cool 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from pan if desired.
- 12In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- 13Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
- 14Serve warm, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bluebarb Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g