Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This cake is so moist. It really is a great breakfast treat or a dessert too! Those who don't like rhubarb, you really won't notice the rhubarb taste so much in this recipe. It's the rhubarb that makes this cake so moist. Try it, and I think you will love it!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup firm butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen( thawed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup flour and the cinnamon.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix all coffee cake ingredients except blueberries and rhubarb; beat with spoon 30 seconds.
- Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake (not fruit) comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan if desired.
- In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
- Serve warm, if desired.