Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The Blue willow inn in Social circle Georgia is one of the South's most popular restaurants. This is their famous fried chicken recipe
- 1 lb whole chicken
- 1 quart water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups peanut oil
- cut chicken into 8 pieces.
- wash throughly and remove excess fat.
- cover chicken in a bowl with the quart of water and allow to sit or 3-4 minutes.
- mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- remove chicken from water, shaking off excess water but leaving it moist.
- dredge the chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- in a large deep heavy skillet, heat oil
- place chicken in oil and cook uncovered 6 minutes on each side.
- when golden brown remove from oil and drain on paper towels.