Recipe by Dib's
A very nice summer salad-you can trade out the strawberries for blackberries if youd like to follow the berry season, or even add smoked chicken for a whole meal salad!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Great, great recipe Di! As you know, I made this for the luncheon today at work and it went over like gangbusters! Thanks for posting and suggesting such a great recipe. Oh, I should mention that it looks as good as it tastes. :)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 -6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 navel oranges, peeled pith removed and sliced thin-remove seeds if needed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- pecans or walnuts, to taste,halves are nice
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 large strawberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange on 4 to 6 plates equal amounts of the mixed salad greens, crumbled blue cheese, orange slices and berries.
- Sprinkle with nut pieces or halves.
- In a blender pulse all ingredients except olive oil.
- Slowly add the oil, blending well.
- Offer dressing at the table-makes around 1 2/3 cups.