Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from Stuart Walton’s book, The Ultimate Book of Cocktails. He says, “The unearthly colour produced by mixing blue and orange in this drink is further enhanced by serving it frappe, over crushed ice.”
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gin
- 3 teaspoons dry vermouth (he recommends Noilly Prat)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons blue curacao
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- orange slice, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add all ingredients except for the orange slice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass full of finely crushed ice.
- Garnish with the orange slice.
The taste of this as written was a bit strong for me, so I added more curucao and more orange juice - if you like martini-like drinks, it would probably be fine for you as is. Thanks for sharing.