Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This make about 12 cups of a blue kid friendly slimy drink, which makes it perfect for a children's Halloween party or any children's party --- you might want to give this a try using different flavors of gelatin powder :)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagejello blueberry gelatin
- 3 cups chilled prepared lemonade
- 3 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- In a large mixing bowl combine the gelatin and two cups boiling water; stir until dissolved, then add/stir in 4 cups very cold water.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours (gelatin will be partially set).
- To serve; stir gelatin with a large spoon or whisk until gelatin is broken into small pieces.
- Place 1/4 cup lemonade in a large clear glass or plastic tumbler; add 1/2 cup gelatin to the lemonade, then add 1/4 cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage.
- Stir slightly and your ready to slurp some slime!
I made this drink this last Halloween and it truely is a fun kids drink!! Pretty tasty too.
The kids woiuld give this 6 stars if they could! They even wanted some in their lunch bag for the next day! I think we are going to try this with different flavors of jello and see what we can come up with! Thanks a berry blue bunch!
I just made this with 18 soon-to-be 5th graders for a summer school activity. They LOVED it! We quadrupled the recipe and used Berry Blue Jello, too. They each got seconds and were disappointed when they couldn't get thirds. As they were drinking it they were also brainstorming about how it would work with other kinds of jello (lime, strawberry, etc.).