Wonderfully creamy soup. I love blue cheese, so I love this soup! If you don't like blue cheese, please don't try this! I think this soup is wonderfully smooth, and love the blue cheese taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- sour cream, croutons, chopped fresh chives
- 1Cook the green onions, green peppers, and celery in the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low; add flour, stirring well.
- 2Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring until blended. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the half and half, milk, and cheese; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture is thickened and thoroughly heated (do not boil!). Add the sherry and pepper; stir well.
- 4To serve, ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Satin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 718.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g