Recipe by breezermom
Wonderfully creamy soup. I love blue cheese, so I love this soup! If you don't like blue cheese, please don't try this! I think this soup is wonderfully smooth, and love the blue cheese taste.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- sour cream, croutons, chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the green onions, green peppers, and celery in the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low; add flour, stirring well.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring until blended. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the half and half, milk, and cheese; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture is thickened and thoroughly heated (do not boil!). Add the sherry and pepper; stir well.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Garnish, if desired.