1/20 Photos of Blue Ridge Mountains Chocolate Chip Cookies
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
These cookies have been served for over 75 years in the quiet village of Orkney Springs, VA. We have stayed in this retreat center called Shrine Mont where people come for rest, devotion, and fellowship. A couple of things set these cookies apart: butter and shortening ensure a thick cookie, soft in the middle, with a touch of almond extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: The recipe initially calls for 2 1/2 cups flour, but with the added note if you want them more softer and rounder cookie to add 1/4 cup flour. I add the 1/4 cup making it 2 3/4 cups total.
- 2Cream shortening, butter, sugars, then eggs and vanilla and almond extracts.
- 3Blend dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- 4Stir in Chocolate chips.
- 5Drop by large tablespoons (I use cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches room in between to allow cookies to spread. I press down lightly with a measuring cup to bake more uniform cookies).
- 6Bake at 375° for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- 7Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ridge Mountains Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g