From Smuckers stumbled across this on accident and had to post it since it sounded so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups oats, uncooked (either quick or old-fashioned)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless blackberry jam
- powdered sugar, if desired
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
- 2Toss together in a large mixing bowl, oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
- 3Sprinkle the oat mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 5Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust
- 6Bake crust 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- 7Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ridge Blackberry Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 180.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g