Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Smuckers stumbled across this on accident and had to post it since it sounded so good!
- 2 cups oats, uncooked (either quick or old-fashioned)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless blackberry jam
- powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Toss together in a large mixing bowl, oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust
- Bake crust 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
This is very good. Think it would be great with just about any kind of jam or jelly.