Blue Ridge Blackberry Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Toss together in a large mixing bowl, oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust
- Bake crust 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.