1/2 Photos of Blue Ribbon Zucchini Nut Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This is the best Zucchini Nut Bread I have ever had and the only one I will make. It's from "Country Fair Cookbook" All recipes in this book are Blue Ribbon winners from fairs around America prior to it's publication in 1975. Wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavor to mellow. I have also made this as muffins. Just lower the temperature. Now that I live in Australia I make this using the Aussie measuring cups and spoons and it turns out fine. I've also made it with half carrot and half zucchini. And other times I've used half wholewheat flour and half plain, just for a change and it works well too. My husband loves it and says it's more like a cake then a bread since it's so moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Sift together plain flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- 3Beat eggs well.
- 4Gradually add sugar and oil, beat together well.
- 5Add vanilla and dry ingredients from above blend well.
- 6Stir in the zucchini.
- 7Combine walnuts and 1 tsp of flour, stir this into the batter.
- 8Pour batter between two 2 greased (I use baking paper) 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" loaf tins.
- 9Bake for 1 hour or till tests done (skewer poked in the middle comes out clean).
- 10Cool in tins on racks for 10 minutes before removing from tins, cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Zucchini Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 245.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g